Now link Aadhaar with PF account via Umang app
New Delhi: Retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has launched the facility of linking Aadhaar with universal account number, through Umang mobile app, the labour ministry said Tuesday.
“EPFO has introduced UAN-Aadhaar linking facility for the convenience of members using EPFO link in UMANG app,” it said in a statement. The new facility is in addition to the existing one on the EPFO website. The facility on e-KYC portal has added a new feature to link UAN with Aadhaar online using biometric credentials.
Moving towards Digital India, EPFO has also launched e-nomination facility. This facility is available at Member Interface of EPFO Unified Portal. Any member with activated and Aadhaar-seeded UAN can avail the facility. It is independent from employer.
After giving nomination details online, the member has to digitally sign the nomination. Aadhaar-based e-sign is being used for digital signing of the form. The e-sign is being provided to members free of cost by EPFO. This functionality will also be made available on UMANG app soon.
UMANG or Unified Mobile Application is an app launched by the government to provide access to various government services at one place.
- YouTube follows Amazon into movie theatres
- Several Indian cities are on a quest to map sparrow populations before they disappear
- Kupwara gun-battle: All 5 terrorists killed were foreigners, search on for missing jawan
- 15 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh’s insurgency-hit Sukma
- Parliament logjam: Vijay Goel to meet opposition leaders to break impasse