Now link Aadhaar with PF account via Umang app
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has introduced UAN-Aadhaar linking facility for the convenience of members using EPFO link in UMANG app
New Delhi: Retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has launched the facility of linking Aadhaar with universal account number, through Umang mobile app, the labour ministry said Tuesday.
“EPFO has introduced UAN-Aadhaar linking facility for the convenience of members using EPFO link in UMANG app,” it said in a statement. The new facility is in addition to the existing one on the EPFO website. The facility on e-KYC portal has added a new feature to link UAN with Aadhaar online using biometric credentials.
Moving towards Digital India, EPFO has also launched e-nomination facility. This facility is available at Member Interface of EPFO Unified Portal. Any member with activated and Aadhaar-seeded UAN can avail the facility. It is independent from employer.
After giving nomination details online, the member has to digitally sign the nomination. Aadhaar-based e-sign is being used for digital signing of the form. The e-sign is being provided to members free of cost by EPFO. This functionality will also be made available on UMANG app soon.
UMANG or Unified Mobile Application is an app launched by the government to provide access to various government services at one place.
- Monetary policy panel cites inflationary risks as reason for RBI rate hike
- Vivo invests ₹200 crore to ramp up manufacturing at Greater Noida facility
- Ad agency Rediffusion to launch new logo, vision
- CSIR lab develops potential clot buster drug for stroke, licences it for clinical trials
- Falling rupee to inflate India’s oil import bill by $26 billion
Editor's Picks »
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee: India grieves demise, pays homage
- Turkey will emerge stronger from lira crisis, FM tells investors
- A Pie for everyone: Android Pie Go edition announced
- The billionaires and the guru: How Singh brothers burnt through $2 billion
- Opinion | Vajpayee knew India had to join the global economic mainstream
- Recent rise in trade deficit is not due to the oil prices
- Safeguard duty proposal has deepened uncertainty in the solar energy sector
- Fortis Healthcare: What now, after IHH entry and June quarter loss?
- Weak Q1 for Amara Raja but investors pin hopes on softening lead prices
- IDBI Bank Q1 results show how expensive it is for LIC