PNB data breach: 10,000 debit, credit cards info compromised, says report
As many as 10,000 debit and card accounts are affected by a data breach at Punjab National Bank, reports Asia Times
New Delhi: Punjab National Bank has suffered a data breach affecting as many as 10,000 debit and credit card accounts, reported Asia Times.
Security experts believe that sensitive information of card holders has been available for purchase through a website for at least three months, noted the report, adding that the state-run bank did not detect the data breach until it was informed by CloudSek Information Security.
Information such as names, expiry dates, Personal Identification Numbers and Card Verification Values were released online, the report said.
Relevant agencies had been alerted and they were trying to establish the extent of the problem, said Asia Times, quoting government official who were aware of the breach.
The latest developement will increase troubles for PNB, which has been taking a hit due to a Rs11,400 crore fraud disclosed by the bank involving diamond tycoon Nirav Modi.
At 1.50pm, PNB shares traded 0.65% lower at Rs113.90 on BSE.
- PNB fraud: CBI court grants bail to ex-MD Usha Ananthasubramanian
- RBI staff to go on mass leave on 4 and 5 September over pension issues
- Govt, courts had a role to play in NPA crisis, says SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar
- Emerging markets turmoil revives a dreaded old Opec ghost
- ARCs seek tweaks in inter-creditor agreement to protect their interests
Editor's Picks »
- Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at Asian Games
- US firms warn next China tariffs to cost Americans from cradle to grave
- Food, drugs reaching flood-affected Kerala, says government
- Gold investors ‘give up hope’ as biggest short in history builds
- Tesla shares slide 6% on doubts Elon Musk has the money to go private