PNB data breach: 10,000 debit, credit cards info compromised, says report
New Delhi: Punjab National Bank has suffered a data breach affecting as many as 10,000 debit and credit card accounts, reported Asia Times.
Security experts believe that sensitive information of card holders has been available for purchase through a website for at least three months, noted the report, adding that the state-run bank did not detect the data breach until it was informed by CloudSek Information Security.
Information such as names, expiry dates, Personal Identification Numbers and Card Verification Values were released online, the report said.
Relevant agencies had been alerted and they were trying to establish the extent of the problem, said Asia Times, quoting government official who were aware of the breach.
The latest developement will increase troubles for PNB, which has been taking a hit due to a Rs11,400 crore fraud disclosed by the bank involving diamond tycoon Nirav Modi.
At 1.50pm, PNB shares traded 0.65% lower at Rs113.90 on BSE.
- US-China trade war: From Boeing to Soybeans, China has a long retaliation list
- For Mira Erda, F1 is the ultimate goal
- Mohammed Shami cleared of corruption charges, BCCI renews his central contract
- Bharat Dynamics shares fall 16% on stock market debut
- Bitcoin slumps after Japan warns major cryptocurrency venue