Passenger vehicle sales rise 20% in May
Domestic car sales were up 19.64% to 1,99,479 units as against 1,66,732 units in May 2017, according to SIAM data
New Delhi: Domestic passenger vehicle sales rose 19.65% to 3,01,238 units in May from 2,51,764 units in the corresponding month of 2017, according to Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) data. Domestic car sales were up 19.64% to 1,99,479 units as against 1,66,732 units in May 2017, data released by the SIAM showed.
Motorcycle sales last month rose 15.16% to 12,21,559 units as against 10,60,744 units a year earlier. Total two-wheeler sales in May rose 9.19% to 18,50,093 units compared to 16,94,323 units in the year-ago month.
Sales of commercial vehicles were up 43.06% to 76,478 units in May, SIAM said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a rise of 12.13% to 22,82,618 units from 20,35,610 units in May 2017, it added.
Editor's Picks »
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end
- ArcelorMittal’s Essar Steel acquisition: Who wins, who loses
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December