Passenger vehicle sales rise 20% in May
Domestic car sales were up 19.64% to 1,99,479 units as against 1,66,732 units in May 2017, according to SIAM data
New Delhi: Domestic passenger vehicle sales rose 19.65% to 3,01,238 units in May from 2,51,764 units in the corresponding month of 2017, according to Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) data. Domestic car sales were up 19.64% to 1,99,479 units as against 1,66,732 units in May 2017, data released by the SIAM showed.
Motorcycle sales last month rose 15.16% to 12,21,559 units as against 10,60,744 units a year earlier. Total two-wheeler sales in May rose 9.19% to 18,50,093 units compared to 16,94,323 units in the year-ago month.
Sales of commercial vehicles were up 43.06% to 76,478 units in May, SIAM said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a rise of 12.13% to 22,82,618 units from 20,35,610 units in May 2017, it added.
Editor's Picks »
- India China ties can’t take strain of another Doklam: Chinese envoy
- Tata Consultancy Services sets up new delivery centre in Paris
- Sebi plans to amend takeover regulations
- Uber will hold majority stake in any deal it does, says COO Barney Harford
- Sanjay Sharma resigns as head of Deutsche Bank’s i-banking unit
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules