SkyPower to develop 150 MW solar plant in Madhya Pradesh
Hero Future Energies wins 38 megawatt project in the state
New Delhi: SkyPower Global, a Canadian solar-energy developer, won its first project in India to build a 150-megawatt (MW) plant in Madhya Pradesh.
Madhya Pradesh had sought bids for 300 megawatts of solar capacity. SkyPower emerged as the lowest bidder, according to a statement from the company.
Hero Future Energies, the highest bidder, won 38 megawatts.
“The difference in the tariff quoted by HFE in this bid and the lowest tariff is approximately Rs.0.59,” Hero said in a statement.
India plans to increase solar installations to 100 gigawatts by 2022 from 4 gigawatts at present. Bloomberg
Editor's Picks »
- Paytm says consumer data safe after founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s personal data stolen
- Jet Airways seeks loan moratorium to ease cash crunch
- NBFCs face big test as Rs 1.2 lakh crore repayment comes due
- Deals Buzz: Tiger Global raises $3.75 billion for new venture fund
- OnePlus partners with Reliance Digital for offline sales
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end