Apple making some iPhone models in Bengaluru: Govt
Minister of state for commerce C.R. Chaudhary informs the Parliament that Apple has started manufacturing of certain iPhone models in Bengaluru through a contract manufacturer
New Delhi: Technology major Apple has started making certain models of iPhone in Bengaluru through a contract manufacturer, Parliament was informed on Monday.
“While Apple has already started manufacturing of certain models of iPhone in Bengaluru through a contract manufacturer, details of private business decisions are not maintained by the Centre,” minister of state for commerce and industry C.R. Chaudhary said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
The government has received representations seeking concessions including duty exemption on manufacturing and repair units, components, capital equipment and consumables for smartphone manufacturing, which have not been accepted, he said.
In a separate reply, the minister said as on 15 July, 16,324 applications have been received of which 11,129 have been recognised as start-ups.
- India faces most cybersecurity threats in Asia-Pacific: Cisco
- Oil prices edge up as supply concerns outweigh US stockpile gains
- Panel suggests board to oversee digital payments industry
- India considers raising steel import duty to support rupee
- Flipkart gets over ₹3,462 crore infusion from Singapore entity
Editor's Picks »
- Amazon’s ad market shares rises at the expense of Google, Facebook
- Tesla criminal probe into Elon Musk tweet seen opening Pandora’s box
- Assam NRC: Supreme Court relief for those left out
- OYO set to expand into Britain, eyes 300 budget hotels by the end of 2019
- Nasa’s new website shows how space tech impacts everyday lives