Berger Paints to set up new factory in Uttar Pradesh for Rs200 crore
Uttar Pradesh is the biggest market for the company, says Berger Paints MD and CEO Abhijit Roy
Kolkata: Berger Paints India Ltd on Monday said in a regulatory filing that it will set up a factory in Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs200 crore.
Uttar Pradesh is the biggest market for the company, according to Berger Paints’ managing director and chief executive officer Abhijit Roy.
Without setting up a new facility, the company would have struggled to maintain adequate supplies in this market, he added.
The factory, which will initially have a production capacity of 7,000-8,000 tonne per month, will serve Bihar as well.
Berger currently produces around 60,000 tonnes per month.
- Yes Bank to RBI: Let Rana Kapoor stay till September 2019
- Make it large—a significant trend in the Indian pharmaceutical industry
- Bad debt problem in control, curbs on anaemic banks may be eased: Jaitley
- Govt eases oil import rules as it seeks to cut costs
- BMW warns on profit, blames price and trade wars
Editor's Picks »
- India modifies defence procurement norms to avoid delays
- WhatsApp says working with Reliance Jio to curb fake news menace
- Opinion | Uncertainty is the enemy of Indian business
- SMEs are aware and willing to adopt digital solutions for higher profitability: Rajiv Vaishnav
- Opinion | The risk of planetary geoengineering