Berger Paints to set up new factory in Uttar Pradesh for Rs200 crore
Uttar Pradesh is the biggest market for the company, says Berger Paints MD and CEO Abhijit Roy
Kolkata: Berger Paints India Ltd on Monday said in a regulatory filing that it will set up a factory in Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs200 crore.
Uttar Pradesh is the biggest market for the company, according to Berger Paints’ managing director and chief executive officer Abhijit Roy.
Without setting up a new facility, the company would have struggled to maintain adequate supplies in this market, he added.
The factory, which will initially have a production capacity of 7,000-8,000 tonne per month, will serve Bihar as well.
Berger currently produces around 60,000 tonnes per month.
Editor's Picks »
- Amazon Prime Day sale: List of best discounts on smartphones, earphones, TV
- Thai cave rescue: Elon Musk’s ‘pedo’ tweet may draw legal action from British caver Vernon Unsworth
- Donald Trump blames ‘US foolishness and stupidity’ for poor Russia ties
- Oil prices fall as Saudis offer more supply, US weighs SPR release
- Selloff in India bond market nearing end, predicts market veteran