Where India stands on mobile and fixed broadband speeds
- Finance ministry expects banks to get back over Rs1 trillion with resolution of 12 NPA cases
- UM Lohia plans to launch new bikes, expand sales network
- Petrol, diesel prices touch all time high
- RIL gets green nod for expansion of petrochemical complex in Maharashtra
- India drags US to WTO over steel, aluminium tariffs
The Speedtest Global Index 2017 ranking of mobile internet speeds from around the world shows that India is at 109th position with 8.8mbps downloading speed and 3.54mbps uploading speed, which is far slower than the global average of 20.28mbps. According to the report, mobile internet speeds are the fastest in Norway at an average of 62.66mbps downloading speed. Among South Asian countries, Maldives ranks first but is at the 59th position in Global index. Bangladesh is at the bottom among South Asian nations. Fixed broadband has higher speed in India compared to mobile internet but it is less than half the speed of the global average of 40.11mbps.