To counter Reliance Jio, Vodafone rolls out free 4G data plan
Under the offer, a Vodafone customer with new smartphone will get additional 9GB of 4G mobile broadband usage when he recharges the 1 GB plan
- EU finance ministers strike deal on overhaul of banking capital rules
- Big oil consumers start to lock-in prices as Brent urges to $80
- PSU bank recapitalisation plan stumbles as losses mount
- Govt orders out-of-turn coal supply to PSUs, private plants to be hit
- Oil prices fall as Russia floats gradual production increase
New Delhi:To counter Reliance Jio’s free service offer, Vodafone on Monday announced a free data plan offering 10 GB 4G mobile services at the price of 1 GB plan but with various riders.
Under the offer, a Vodafone customer with new smartphone will get additional 9GB of 4G mobile broadband usage when he recharges the 1 GB plan. The new scheme is being offered in circles where Vodafone offers its own 3G or 4G services and can be availed by both prepaid and postpaid customers till 31 December 2016.
Jio is offering unlimited free voice calls to all its subscribers besides unlimited use of 4G high speed mobile services till 31 December 2016. “We are giving a greater reason to customers to upgrade to 4G handsets.
With this offer, we are encouraging new 4G handset users to enjoy the Vodafone SuperNet experience to the fullest,” Sandeep Kataria, director, commercial, Vodafone India said in a statement.
Under the offer, Vodafone customer will also get free subscription to TV, Movies & Music on Vodafone Play. The offer will be applicable on only those 4G smartphones which were not used on Vodafone network in the last 6 months.
Also Read: The Reliance Jio challenge
Also, customers in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata will get 9GB of 4G data if the subscribers recharges with 1GB or above scheme. However, the customers in Uttar Pradesh (West), Uttar Pradesh(East), Haryana, Karnataka, Gujarat, West Bengal ,Kerala , Tamil Nadu , Maharashtra & Goa, Assam, Northeast states, Rajasthan will get 9GB of 3G data but only on 4G handset during limited time between 12am to 6am if the subscriber recharges with 1GB or above plan.
Editor's Picks »
- Artificial intelligence predictions may not always lead to better decisions
- 2G case: Delhi HC defers hearing on CBI, ED plea against acquittals
- Friday Wrap: ‘Parmanu,’ ‘Solo’ make for dull movie week
- In order to grow, we need to get into other markets: Vince Voron
- IHH extends revised offer for Fortis to 30 June
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars