Tata Motors in talks with Volkswagen group for a partnership: Report
- JD (S) releases 3D game to shed anti-urban image
- Steve Smith admit ball tampering in 3rd test against South Africa
- Students march across US demanding stricter gun laws after mass shootings
- IIM-Ahmedabad raises PG management program fee to Rs22 lakh
- RLD, Nishad Party expel MLAs for cross-voting in Rajya Sabha elections in UP
Mumbai: Tata Motors Ltd is in advance talks with Volkswagen Group for a partnership, The Economic Times reported on Wednesday. An announcement on the same is likely to be made at the Geneva Motor show next month, the financial daily reported.
The agreement, the final contours of which is still being worked out, may include sharing vehicle architecture and technology, the report said, citing unidentified people. The companies are looking at sharing modular platforms for India and emerging markets, including the advanced modular platform (AMP) being developed by Tata Motors. Volkswagen may offer technical know-how on producing multiple models based on modular architecture, it said.
A spokespersons at Volkswagen Group India declined to comment. A Tata Motors spokesperson said as a company Tata Motors keeps discussing various possibilities and there’s nothing more to share.
Tata Motors’ stocks showed no reaction to the report. At 9:40am, it was up 0.63% to Rs461.85, while the benchmark Sensex index was up 0.23% to 28,827.05 points.