Mercedes-Benz GLC limited edition launched at Rs50.86 lakh
The Mercedes-Benz GLC Celebration Edition has been launched to mark 70 years of India’s independence, the luxury car maker said in a statement
Mumbai: Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd on Monday launched a limited edition of its highest selling sports utility vehicle, the Mercedes-Benz GLC, at a price range of Rs50.86 lakh to Rs51.25 lakh.
The rollout of the Celebration Edition of the Mercedes-Benz GLC is to mark 70 years of India’s independence, the luxury car maker said in a statement.
Mercedes-Benz launched the GLC Class in June 2016 and has gone to become the largest selling SUV model in its portfolio. The Celebration Edition offers a sporty exterior and a plush luxurious interior that enhance the car’s luxury quotient.
Roland Folger, managing director and chief executive, said that the special edition launch is to commemorate the 70th Independence Day and also celebrate the SUV’s overwhelming success.
“We expect the GLC to remain our key volume driver and we are glad that our product strategy has been working well,” Folger added. Within a few months of its launch last June the company began to product GLC locally and became the ninth model to be produced from its Pune plant.
Editor's Picks »
- Karnataka govt formation: Kingmaker H.D. Kumaraswamy becomes the king
- CLAT 2018: Supreme Court to hear pleas challenging law entrance exam held on 13 May
- Grasim Industries Q4 net profit at Rs 853.62 crore
- Govt waives Rs1,077 crore penal interest on loans to Paradip Port
- Hyatt brings Hyatt Centric brand to India
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating