Federal Bank’s NBFC sells 26% stake to True North
The investment by True North will help FedFina augment its capital base primarily to support its growing asset business and to grow its branch network
Mumbai: The board of Federal Bank Ltd has approved a 26% strategic investment by homegrown private equity player True North in its subsidiary, FedBank Financial Services Ltd (FedFina), the private sector lender said in a statement on Friday.
The transaction is subject to statutory and regulatory approvals. Federal Bank did not disclose the financial details of the transaction.
On 23 April, Mint reported that True North was in advanced talks to buy the 26% stake in FedFina for Rs400 crore. ICICI Securities is advising Federal Bank on the Fedfina stake sale, and the transaction is likely to conclude within a few weeks.
The investment will help FedFina augment its capital base primarily to support its growing asset business and to grow its branch network, the statement said. It will help further improve the company’s financial fundamentals by strengthening its capital adequacy and diversifying its funding sources.
“We consider this investment by True North an endorsement of the business outlook and capabilities of FedFina. This transaction and the expertise that True North carries with it will turn out to be seminal in the growth and expansion of FedFina,” said Shyam Srinivasan, managing director and chief executive of Federal Bank.
ICICI Securities Ltd was the exclusive financial advisor to the transaction.
“It (FedFina) has successfully built out its AUM (assets under management) of more than $200 million and intends to continue driving its next phase of growth by increasing its product offering and exploring cross selling to its current and potential customers. The company’s track-record and explosive growth is a testament to the FedFina’s leadership team. Our investment in FedFina is a reiteration of our renewed sector focused investment strategy,” said Divya Sehgal, partner at True North.
- Oil prices drop below $80 vindicates cautious investors trimming bets
- EU finance ministers strike deal on overhaul of banking capital rules
- Big oil consumers start to lock-in prices as Brent urges to $80
- PSU bank recapitalisation plan stumbles as losses mount
- Govt orders out-of-turn coal supply to PSUs, private plants to be hit
Editor's Picks »
- Disney slashes forecast for ‘Solo’ as early ticket sales sag
- Delhi weather: Clear skies, maximum temperature likely to touch 45C
- Education in 4 years of Modi government: Implementation remains a key hurdle
- India is the great linguistic bazaar of the world: Sheldon Pollock
- Canada police seek suspects in Indian restaurant bombing, 15 injured
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars