ITR filing: Income tax offices to remain open till midnight on Saturday
To facilitate manual filing of Income tax returns on 5 August 2017, the CBDT has directed necessary arrangements be made for receiving ITRs up to midnight in all its offices
New Delhi: The income tax department on Friday said its field offices will remain open till midnight on Saturday to facilitate very senior citizens and those with income below Rs5 lakh to file tax returns for 2016-17.
The last date for filing of income tax returns (ITRs) was extended from 31 July to 5 August in view of difficulties faced by taxpayers.
“In order to facilitate manual filing of returns on 5 August 2017, being a Saturday, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has directed that necessary arrangements be made for receiving income tax returns up to midnight in all income tax offices throughout the country,” a finance ministry statement said.
E-filing of ITR is mandatory for all individuals except those whose income is less than Rs5 lakh per annum and who are above 80 years of age. Individuals with age 80 years or more, an individual or Hindu undivided family (HUF) whose income does not exceed Rs5 lakh and who has not claimed any refund in the return of income, have an option to file ITR-1 (Sahaj) or ITR-4 (Sugam) in paper form.
- Flipkart offers mobile recharge, flight ticket bookings
- Reliance Jio tops 4G download speed, Idea Cellular in upload rate
- Trai proposals unlikely to affect data privacy regulation: Experts
- 5Paisa.com plans to raise ₹103.5 crore via rights issue to enter P2P lending business
- IDBI Bank to move govt to make LIC promoter
Editor's Picks »
- ONGC board okays sale of stake in Pawan Hans
- BMW Motorrad launches BMW G310 R and G310 GS in India; price and features
- Google to be fined record $5 billion by EU over Android antitrust violations
- India a ‘good place to hide’ from trade war for this $10 billion fund
- How to crack GMAT? Coffee may help you, claims study
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?