Parliamentary panel to take stock of debt-ridden IL&FS Group
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance will meet officials of IL&FS Group and other financial institutions during December 3-5 in Mumbai
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance will take stock of the developments at crisis-hit IL&FS Group for three days from December 3, an official said Tuesday. On October 1, the government superseded the board of IL&FS after some of its group entities defaulted on debt payments which triggered concerns of a liquidity crisis in the financial market. The total debt of the group was pegged at Rs 94,215.6 crore as of October 8. As part of efforts to rescue the group, the government appointed a new board with Uday Kotak as its executive chairman. The panel will meet officials of IL&FS Group and other financial institutions during December 3-5 in Mumbai, the official said.
Earlier this month, Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) initiated the process to divest its stake in two of its subsidiaries. It has received over a dozen responses for its stake sale in IL&FS Securities Services (ISSL) and ISSL Settlement & Transaction Services (ISTSL).
In the resolution plan submitted to the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on October 31, the company’s board said it expected to complete the resolution process in stages, over the next two-three quarters.
The plan submitted to the NCLT also hinted at non-transparent and illegal transactions by the previous management in selling a group entity in June 2017.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
- S.S. Mundra: RBI must pronounce its views, but also be ready to listen
- Toyota advances plans to replace Takata airbags in 65,000 vehicles
- Truecaller Pay to enter credit business early next year
- Mahindra Electric signs pact with SmartE to deploy 1,000 e-three-wheelers in Delhi-NCR
- Sebi board allows MFs to segregate distressed assets
Editor's Picks »
- Petrol price hiked for first time in 2 months. Check today’s petrol, diesel rates
- Priya Prakash Varrier, Priyanka Chopra, Sapna Choudhary among 2018’s most Googled personalities
- ‘Test-drive’ a house before you buy it
- Interpol issues Red Corner Notice against Mehul Choksi: CBI
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition special sale in Delhi today: Price, what’s new, offers
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position
- Why did BJP lose Assembly Elections 2018? Retail inflation has answers
- Rural focus drives Hero MotoCorp share price, but inherent risks linger
- ‘Talk to me’, says RBI governor Shaktikanta Das in relief to markets
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors