Govt hopes to auction coal blocks for commercial mining by end-December
- Sebi strengthens procedures for dividend payment, transfer of securities
- Donald Trump slams Opec as cartel pushes harder for high oil prices
- 2002 Gujarat riots: Maya Kodnani acquitted in Naroda Patiya case
- Sebi fines Suzlon Rs1.1 crore for violating insider trading norms
- Vedanta’s Electrosteel acquisition credit neutral: Report
New Delhi: The government aims to auction coal blocks for commercial mining by end-December, coal secretary Susheel Kumar told television channel ET NOW on Thursday.
India is the world’s third-biggest producer and importer of the fuel, and with coal accounting for about 70% of India’s power generation, the government wants to boost domestic output to cut imports. Reuters