H&M to open 3 new stores in India by June
Mumbai will get its seventh H&M store while Mysore and Ahmedabad will see the launch of their first
New Delhi: Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) plans to open three new stores in India by end of June.
While Mysore and Ahmedabad will see the launch of first store, Mumbai will have its seventh, as per the expansion outlay of the company. H&M had posted nearly two-fold increase in sales in India to 1,179 million Swedish krona (over Rs955 crore) for financial year ended November 2017, thus making the country one of its fastest growing markets.
The company had posted sales of 606 million Swedish krona (around Rs490 crore) in 2016, it said in its full-year report. H&M said it has plans to start online sales in India in 2018 along with other global markets, including Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
The company operates 29 stores across Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Amritsar, Indore, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Mohali & Raipur.
- RIL, BP spend over ₹7,000 crore to prolong output from gas fields in KG basin
- India reviews draft e-commerce policy after criticism
- Cosmos Bank’s server hacked, ₹ 94 crore siphoned off in 2 days
- NIO seeks to raise $1.8 billion in biggest US listing by China automaker
- Head office salary costs to attract 18% GST for services to offices in other states
Editor's Picks »
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost