Hero Cycles joins hands with Yamaha, Mitsui for electric bicycles
The first product for India to roll out from this alliance would be a high-end electric-mountain bike under the Hero brand
New Delhi: Hero Cycles Wednesday said it has entered into a strategic alliance with Japan’s Yamaha Motor Co Ltd and Mitsui & Co for technology, manufacturing and marketing of electric bicycles.
The first product for India to roll out from this alliance would be a high-end electric-mountain bike (E-MTB) under the Hero brand, the company said in a statement.
“The partnership has been formed with a forward looking plan which includes development of new e-mobility products jointly by Hero and Yamaha, with go-to-market sales, distribution and marketing support by Mitsui & Co.Ltd,” Hero Motors Company (HMC) chairman Pankaj M. Munjal said.
Hero Cycles, the flagship company of the HMC group, had recently announced its ‘Cycle Valley’ project proposed to be set up in Ludhiana and serve as a hub for end-to-end supply chain of the bicycle industry.
The project is to be led by Hero Cycles as anchor investor with an aim to create an ecosystem of suppliers in joint ventures with global bicycle component makers.
- Telcos for independent audit to prove stress
- BEML pitches for indigenisation of six bullet train rakes
- GST led to ‘household savings’ as tax rates came down: Report
- Delhi HC dismisses Vodafone plea for tax refund of over Rs 4759 crore
- Govt to launch broadband readiness index of states: Telecom Secretary
Editor's Picks »
- Does Reliance Jio see need to deleverage?
- Four years since Senvion sale, turnaround continues to elude Suzlon
- Falling fuel prices, new axle norms to help cement makers save freight cost
- Tailwinds of debt reduction and annuity sales drive DLF’s shares
- Expecting a quick recovery in rural consumption will be foolhardy