Govt sets up export promotion cell for MSMEs
The benefits likely to accrue from the setting up of the cell include integration of MSMEs into global value chain, evaluation of readiness of MSMEs to export their products and services
New Delhi: The MSME ministry has established an export promotion cell to create a sustainable ecosystem for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), Parliament was informed Monday.
The benefits likely to accrue from the setting up of the cell include integration MSMEs into global value chain, evaluation of readiness of MSMEs to export their products and services, and recognition of areas where improvements are required in order to be able to export effectively and efficiently.
The current status of exports from the MSME sector as per the information received from the Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics (DGCIS), the value of MSME-related products is USD 147,390.08 million and share of MSME-related products in the country’s exports was 48.56 per cent during 2017-18, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for MSME Giriraj Singh said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
The ministry has also proposed to formulate a governing council that will be chaired by secretary of the MSME ministry and co-chaired by the development commissioner, MSME. The council will comprise senior officials and members from ministries of MSME and commerce, MSME Export Promotion Council, Export Development Authority, Commodity Boards, and other bodies.
- KG-D6 issue: Niko serves arbitration notice to RIL and BP
- CII asks RBI to cut repo rate, cash reserve ratio
- UCO Bank board approves raising Rs1,000 crore via QIP
- Reliance Jio Q3 profit swells 22% to Rs 831 crore, user base over 280 million
- Bombay HC to hear Kotak Mahindra Bank’s plea on stake dilution in March
Editor's Picks »
- RIL Q3 beats the Street with help from Reliance Jio, Retail
- Remembering Jack Bogle, colossus of mutual fund industry
- DGCA imposes restrictions on IndiGo, GoAir in operating P&W engines-powered A320 neo planes
- A glimpse into history of Indian cinema through national museum
- Opinion | The 10% solution will not solve the job crisis in the country
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies
- 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Is GST going the VAT way?
- Mindtree delivers stable Q3 results after a shock Q2
- RIL Q3 results today: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares