ICICI Bank launches service to open PPF account online
ICICI Bank launches a digital service to allow customers to open a PPF account via internet banking or mobile banking
New Delhi: Private lender ICICI Bank on Thursday said it has launched a digital service to allow customers to open a public provident fund (PPF) account online, eliminating the need for furnishing paper documents.
“With this new facility, customers of the bank are no longer required to visit a branch and submit physical documents to open a PPF account. They can now conveniently open a PPF account anytime, anywhere using the bank’s digital channels of Internet and mobile banking,” it said in a statement.
The bank said it is the first lender in the country to introduce a fully digital and paperless procedure for opening a PPF account. The facility, available 24x7 and on all days, will require customers to login to their internet banking or mobile banking and apply for a PPF account.
- Change M&A norms to calculate spectrum dues: Trai
- Cracking India’s bankruptcy code
- RBI’s registry will help solve problem of credit shortage: iSpirt’s Sharad Sharma
- Fintech regulation at an inflection point: Shardul Amarchand’s Shilpa Mankar Ahluwalia
- Voice and AI biggest transformative tech, says EY’s Mahesh Makhija
Editor's Picks »
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- Reliance Power Q1 profit rises 3% to Rs237.33 crore
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- Rahul Gandhi has seriously hurt image of Indian politician before world: Arun Jaitley
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself