Dabur’s NewU to market make-up brand Jaquline USA in India
Jaquline USA, which was only sold in the US market so far, is a brand that Dabur bagged with the acquisition of Fem Care Pharma in 2008
- Paytm says never shared users’ data with third-parties, government
- Four years of Modi govt: Labour reforms slow down despite policy revamp
- Job creation still a challenge after four years of Modi govt
- Oil prices slump 3% as Opec and Russia consider output boost
- Oil prices drop below $80 vindicates cautious investors trimming bets
New Delhi: Dabur India Ltd on Wednesday said it will bring Jaquline USA to India to launch a range on make-up and beauty products, starting with nail care, to boost presence in the beauty care market.
Jaquline USA, which was only sold in the US market so far, is a brand that Dabur bagged with the acquisition of Fem Care Pharma Ltd in 2008.
Dabur will market Jaquline USA through NewU, a retail chain owned by its subsidiary H&B Stores; which operates about 70 stores across the country. “Jaquline USA, exclusively available at NewU outlets across the country, will feature a range of make-up & beauty products, specially tailored for the modern Indian woman,” the company said in a statement.
“The brand’s first collection will include a range of affordable high performing nail care & styling products along with a line of top quality gel finish nail enamels in both matte and glossy shades,” said NewU marketing head Vinni Pannu. The company will launch more products under the brand later.
“Jaquline USA is bringing nail care solutions to the masses at competitive prices. The brand aims at bringing a colour revolution in people’s lives,” she added. Average price range for products under Jaquline USA will be around Rs.150.
The overall beauty and personal care market in India is estimated at Rs.74,700 crore by retail sales value, according to a June report by market research firm Euromonitor International.
Besides beauty and personal care products, NewU also sells health foods and ayurvedic products of Dabur’s own private labels and other domestic and international brands. It also sells online. In recent months, NewU started selling products under Spice Island—a luxury ayurvedic body care brand from Sri Lanka, and its own private labels NewU Nail Enamels, Zensual.
Editor's Picks »
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi urges people to shun plastics
- Three dozen companies line up IPOs worth Rs35,000 crore
- Niti Aayog says all macroeconomic parameters improved in four years of Modi govt
- Inclusion of ATF under GST will help airlines cut cost, says Suresh Prabhu
- Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars