JSW Energy acquires JSW Electric Vehicles
JSW Electric Vehicles is part of diversification strategy of JSW Energy Ltd to foray into electric vehicles, energy storage systems and charging infrastructure
New Delhi: Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Energy on Monday acquired JSW Electric Vehicles Private Ltd.
JSW Electric Vehicles is part of diversification strategy of JSW Energy Ltd to foray into electric vehicles, energy storage systems and charging infrastructure, JSW Energy said in a BSE filing on Monday. In August last year, JSW Energy had announced about its venture in the electric vehicles, energy storage systems and associated business, directly or through one or more subsidiaries.
The shareholders of JSW Electric Vehicles before this acquisition were Magnificient Merchandise and Advisory Services Private Ltd (a company owned by promoter of JSW Energy) and Parth Jindal (a relative of promoter of JSW Energy).
JSW Electric Vehicles has a paid share capital of Rs1 lakh and is a debt-free company. The acquired entity has been set up to manufacture electric motor vehicles, all types of parts, spare parts, engines, appliances and apparatus, equipment, etc. The firm was incorporate on 18 July 2017. It is yet to commence business. Currently, it has presence only in India.
- No concern on liquidity of NBFCs: SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar
- Infosys, TCS, 3 other IT firms shortlisted to implement RBI’s CIMS
- Over 40% firms feel RBI may further hike rates: CII survey
- Taiwan takes India to WTO’s safeguard committee on solar duty
- ONGC Videsh slapped with ₹7,666 crore service tax demand
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude