Will pass on GST rate cut benefits to consumers: Nestle
Nestle is looking into the details of GST rate changes made across categories by the GST Council and will make price revisions accordingly, says a spokesperson
New Delhi: In line with other fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) players, Nestle India on Sunday said it will make price revisions in accordance with the recent goods and services tax (GST) rate cut.
Last week, GST Council reduced tax rates on over 200 items ranging from chewing gum and chocolates to beauty products and wigs and wrist watches to provide relief to consumers and businesses.
As many as 178 items of daily use were shifted from the top tax bracket of 28% to 18% while a uniform 5% tax was prescribed for all restaurants, both air- conditioned and non-AC.
“In keeping with our abiding principle of passing on GST related reduction benefits to our consumers, Nestle India will pass commensurate benefits in line with recent reduction announcement,” Nestle India spokesperson said.
The company is looking into the details of GST rate changes made across categories and will make price revisions, spokesperson said, adding, there will be a transition time before new price stocks are available in the market.
- Reliance Jio seen as India’s No.1 telecom company by 2021
- China backs India’s bid for improved domestic regulations
- How 3.4 million households in UP are using power illegally
- Nissan seeks to block Carlos Ghosn’s access to apartment in Rio de Janeiro
- China says US should withdraw arrest warrant for Huawei executive
Editor's Picks »
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices
- RBI’s new loan rate math for banks cannot ignore deposits
- Maruti loses speed as PV growth slows amid rising challenges
- Risks emerge for Ramakrishna Forgings, Bharat Forge, Motherson Sumi as heavy-duty trucks face headwinds