Amazon launches international shopping from US
Amazon’s international shopping feature —which is available on a mobile browser and mobile app for both iOS , Android — will enable customers to shop over 45 mn items that will be shipped from US
Bengaluru: Amazon.com Inc has launched an international shopping feature that will enable customers across the world to shop more than 45 million items that can be shipped to their country from the United States.
The international shopping feature, which is available on a mobile browser and the mobile app for both iOS and Android devices, has been extended to users to purchase products outside their home markets and is available in five languages, including Spanish, English, simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese and German, Amazon said on Tuesday.
It will allow customers to shop in 25 currencies, with more languages and currencies to be added in 2018.
Customers can also choose from different shipping options and delivery speeds.
The international shopping feature will display pricing, shipping costs and import duty estimates, with Amazon managing courier service and customs clearance in case of potential surprises at the time of purchase or delivery. Reuters
- Oil prices steady as industry data shows unexpected drop in inventories
- Data localization: Deadline over, what’s next for firms?
- Global oil traders keen on India’s strategic crude reserves
- CVC report suggests tough measures to curb banking frauds
- Volvo warns some vehicle engines may exceed emission limits
Editor's Picks »
- Women journalists attacked in Sabarimala despite police presence
- Huawei just launched a smartphone that can wirelessly charge other phones. Here’s how it works
- UK PM met Ratan Tata as JLR warns on Brexit, diesel: Report
- Gold prices surge to 2-year high on festive demand
- Man Booker Prize 2018: A year of surprises