Idea Cellular suspends interconnect services with Aircel over dues
New Delhi: Idea Cellular Ltd said on Wednesday that it has suspended interconnect services with Aircel Ltd for non-payment of dues “despite several reminders”.
Idea said it will restore interconnect services immediately after Aircel makes the payment, but did not specify the outstanding amount. “Idea Cellular has suspended interconnect services with Aircel Ltd, due to non-payment of dues,” Idea said in a statement.
It further said that despite multiple reminders since November 2017, the operator had failed to meet its payment commitments forcing Idea to suspend interconnect services, as per the terms of interconnect agreement.
“Idea Cellular regrets the inconvenience caused to mobile users who are unable to connect with each other. We sincerely hope that the operator will honour its contractual obligation and payment commitment, in the interest of customers,” the statement added. Aircel could not be immediately reached for comments.
- Make the best of technology to deal with administrative delays: Modi tells bureaucrats
- Amit Shah says ordinance shows Modi govt’s commitment to women’s safety
- Sanskrit most suitable for machine learning, AI: Ram Nath Kovind
- Aadhaar seeding must for bank accounts under KYC norms, says new RBI guidelines
- IMF, World Bank must develop strategy for enhancing public debt transparency: India