Idea Cellular suspends interconnect services with Aircel over dues
Idea Cellular says it has suspended interconnect services with Aircel for non-payment of dues ‘despite several reminders’
New Delhi: Idea Cellular Ltd said on Wednesday that it has suspended interconnect services with Aircel Ltd for non-payment of dues “despite several reminders”.
Idea said it will restore interconnect services immediately after Aircel makes the payment, but did not specify the outstanding amount. “Idea Cellular has suspended interconnect services with Aircel Ltd, due to non-payment of dues,” Idea said in a statement.
It further said that despite multiple reminders since November 2017, the operator had failed to meet its payment commitments forcing Idea to suspend interconnect services, as per the terms of interconnect agreement.
“Idea Cellular regrets the inconvenience caused to mobile users who are unable to connect with each other. We sincerely hope that the operator will honour its contractual obligation and payment commitment, in the interest of customers,” the statement added. Aircel could not be immediately reached for comments.
- JSW Steel to invest over Rs 5,000 crore on strengthening downstream manufacturing capacity
- P-note investments continue to drop; hit fresh low of Rs 66,587 crore
- Nigeria seen as biggest rice buyer in 2019, behind China
- Demonetisation highly ethical move, not political: Jaitley
- Government, telcos meet this month to find solution to call drops, poor quality of service
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India