Idea Cellular suspends interconnect services with Aircel over dues
Idea Cellular says it has suspended interconnect services with Aircel for non-payment of dues ‘despite several reminders’
New Delhi: Idea Cellular Ltd said on Wednesday that it has suspended interconnect services with Aircel Ltd for non-payment of dues “despite several reminders”.
Idea said it will restore interconnect services immediately after Aircel makes the payment, but did not specify the outstanding amount. “Idea Cellular has suspended interconnect services with Aircel Ltd, due to non-payment of dues,” Idea said in a statement.
It further said that despite multiple reminders since November 2017, the operator had failed to meet its payment commitments forcing Idea to suspend interconnect services, as per the terms of interconnect agreement.
“Idea Cellular regrets the inconvenience caused to mobile users who are unable to connect with each other. We sincerely hope that the operator will honour its contractual obligation and payment commitment, in the interest of customers,” the statement added. Aircel could not be immediately reached for comments.
- Paytm says never shared users’ data with third-parties, government
- Four years of Modi govt: Labour reforms slow down despite policy revamp
- Job creation still a challenge after four years of Modi govt
- Oil prices slump 3% as Opec and Russia consider output boost
- Oil prices drop below $80 vindicates cautious investors trimming bets
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars