Utkarsh Micro Finance gets RBI approval for small finance bank
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank is likely to start operations of its small finance bank by early 2017
Mumbai: Utkarsh Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd on Monday received the final licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up small finance bank.
Among 10 in-principle licence holders, six entities have received the final nod so far.
Janalakshmi Financial Services Pvt. Ltd, Disha Microfin Pvt. Ltd, RGVN (North East) Microfinance Ltd and Au Financiers (India) Ltd are yet to receive the final nod.
All small finance bank licence holders need to start operations by March 2017 before the in-principle approval lapses.
ALSO READ | The new hotspots of Indian microfinance
Capital Small Finance Bank and Equitas Small Finance Bank have started operations so far. Utkarsh intends to start operations by 14 January, Mint reported on 21 November.
Editor's Picks »
- Shivpal Yadav announces new party
- Netflix backs Sacred Games season 2 after probe
- Most things we see in a smartphone have reached saturation level: Pankaj Rana
- One size doesn’t fit all: Brand leaders on finding the right audience and connecting with them
- Karnataka bypolls to affect upcoming state elections, 2019 polls: Kumaraswamy
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end