Reliance Jio rivals have blocked 900 crore calls: Mukesh Ambani
- Govt serious in bringing fugitive economic offenders to task: Rajnath Singh
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in China for talks with Wang Yi, SCO meet
- Make the best of technology to deal with administrative delays: Modi tells bureaucrats
- Amit Shah says ordinance shows Modi govt’s commitment to women’s safety
- Sanskrit most suitable for machine learning, AI: Ram Nath Kovind
New Delhi: Promoter of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd Mukesh Ambani on Thursday said that the top three telecom companies have shown “anti-competitive behaviour” and they have blocked as many as “900 crore” calls made on Reliance Jio network.
“We have received a lot of support from Jio customers but have not received similar support from the existing companies,” Ambani said through a telecast.
“Benefits of Jio’s superior technology have been denied to customers due to anti-competitive behaviour of incumbent operators,” he said.
However, he added that call drop rate has come down to 20% as against 90% during the initial days of Reliance Jio’s launch. He agreed telcos have released points of interconnect that may have helped to improve the call drop situation but Reliance Jio continues to monitor the issue very closely.
Reliance Jio also extended the free welcome offer for existing customers till 31 March. For all the customers enrolling after 4 December, “it’s a happy new year offer”, which means they will get everything free till 31 March.
Customers who enrolled before 3 December will automatically be migrated to the new offer.
Ambani also plans to double Reliance Jio digital stores by March 2017 to 400,000.