Auto Expo 2018: Mahindra unveils range of electric vehicles
New Delhi: Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd unveiled a range of electric vehicles (EVs), including a bus called e-COSMO and a lithium-ion battery powered three-wheeler called Treo, at the Auto Expo on Wednesday .
India’s only electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer introduced a new electric vehicle drivetrain named MESMA (Mahindra Electric Scalable Modular Architecture) and its first electric bus called e-COSMO. It also showcased a lithium-ion battery powered three-wheeler called Treo and Atom, a last-mile mobility vehicle.
Besides, Mahindra’s EV range also included the e-KUV100, an electric version of its compact sports utility vehicle, and the e2o NXT, a facelift to the company’s existing electric hatchback e2oPlus.
The maker of the Scorpio SUV also launched +NEMO, its first cloud-based mobility solutions platform for EVs which would aid drivers with real-time data on ride sharing and corporate commuting.
The company is planning to invest around Rs 800 crore in its electric vehicle arm Mahindra Electric Mobilty Ltd) for EVs, over the next two-three years, said Pawan Goenka, managing director of the firm.
The company is looking to make 90-95% of manufacturing localized, he added. The company also unveiled the Mahindra Stinger, a convertible SUV.
- India’s rural consumption surges in boost for FMCG firms
- Govt may allow data resale in boost to public WiFi plan
- Finance ministry expects banks to get back over Rs1 trillion with resolution of 12 NPA cases
- UM Lohia plans to launch new bikes, expand sales network
- Petrol, diesel prices hit all-time high on seventh straight day of rate hike