Gender map in global media
The gap between males and females is reducing, in terms of being sources and subjects, in web based news
Women are becoming increasingly more engaged as content creators as well as participants in debates. The latest numbers from the Global Media Monitoring Project 2015, based on the monitoring of gender issues in media globally in terms of news creation, suggest that the US leads the way with 43% female representation in Internet news. India registers 36% representation, while Malaysia fares badly with just 6%. Incidentally, women outnumber men in reporting Internet news in both India and Australia.
Editor's Picks »
- Andhra Pradesh braces for Cyclone Phethai, landfall likely today
- Kotak Bank shares fall 3% as court denies stay in Uday Kotak shareholding case
- Opinion | Hitachi’s ABB deal isn’t just an escape hatch
- Is Bollywood losing its sheen in China?
- ‘2.0’ sustains until ‘Zero’ as competition from new releases stiffens
- Does Reliance Jio see need to deleverage?
- 4 years since Senvion sale, turnaround continues to elude Suzlon
- Falling fuel prices, new axle norms to help cement makers save freight cost
- Tailwinds of debt reduction and annuity sales drive DLF’s shares
- Expecting a quick recovery in rural consumption will be foolhardy