Gender map in global media
- No change in status quo at Dokalam standoff area: Indian envoy
- Commonwealth Games 2018: P.V. Sindhu to be India’s flagbearer at Gold Coast games
- Narendra Modi, Xi Jinping will ‘definitely’ meet during SCO summit: India envoy
- A quarter of TB patients are resistance to anti-tuberculosis drugs, says survey
- Mayawati says SP-BSP ties wont’be affected by Rajya Sabha election defeat
Women are becoming increasingly more engaged as content creators as well as participants in debates. The latest numbers from the Global Media Monitoring Project 2015, based on the monitoring of gender issues in media globally in terms of news creation, suggest that the US leads the way with 43% female representation in Internet news. India registers 36% representation, while Malaysia fares badly with just 6%. Incidentally, women outnumber men in reporting Internet news in both India and Australia.