NABARD sets up venture capital entity
NABVENTURES Ltd, incorporated by NABARD, to provide early stage capital to agriculture and rural enterprises
New Delhi: NABARD Monday said it will provide early stage capital to agriculture and rural enterprises through its venture capital entity.
NABVENTURES Ltd, incorporated by NABARD under the Companies Act, will launch its maiden fund offer by the middle of February.
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) will provide early stage support for agriculture and rural enterprises and fill the gap of adequate institutional support to them, it said in a statement.
The development bank would leverage its long experience in rural space and promote various enterprises to create more sustainable employment.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
Editor's Picks »
- Now, you can lace new Nike Adapt BB shoes with your smartphone
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ publisher files $25-million lawsuit against Netflix over ‘Bandersnatch’
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers