Hyundai unveils Nexo, Ioniq EVs at business summit
The next-gen fuel cell EV Hyundai Nexo and battery-powered global EV Hyundai Ioniq were showcased during the second edition of the India Korea Business Summit in New Delhi
Mumbai: South Korean auto giant Hyundai on Tuesday unveiled two electric vehicles (EVs)—Nexo and Ioniq—at a business summit in New Delhi. The next-gen fuel cell EV Hyundai Nexo and battery-powered global EV Hyundai Ioniq were showcased during the second edition of the India Korea Business Summit in the national capital, a release said.ss
“Hyundai has a long-term commitment towards Make in India for the past 20 years and today we are proud to showcase sports utility vehicle Nexo for the first time along with global EV Ioniq at the India Korea Summit 2018,” Hyundai Motor Company’s Namyang R&D centre vice president S. H. Kim was quoted as saying in the release.
Terming the development of the two EVs a significant leap forward for Hyundai Motor as it intensifies the company’s efforts to produce highly efficient, eco-friendly vehicles, Kim said, “Hyundai is continuously innovating in clean and connected mobility solutions to make a long-term positive transformation for our future generations.”
The Nexo SUV model is set to spearhead Hyundai Motor’s plans to accelerate development of low emission vehicles globally, it said. Nexo offers most advanced technology on the market with various advanced driver assistance systems and the strongest powertrains in the segment, it added.
The Ioniq reflects the commitment of Hyundai towards clean mobility solutions without compromising on driving dynamics and performance, the release said.
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- Electric vehicle manufacturers urge govt to make short-term policies to help industry
- Volvo-Eicher JV plans to widen its medium-duty CNG trucks range
Editor's Picks »
- Is Reliance Jio really the most profitable telecom firm?
- Bond yields fall after RBI bond purchase announcement
- Get fresh home cooked food at work from a kitchen near you
- For your next offsite, opt for offbeat destinations
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex rises 120 points, Nifty at 10750, pharma, auto stocks lead