Reliance Jio, Micromax and Panasonic in tie-up for free voice, data service
- Bankruptcies are booming in India, but there is a shortage of judges
- Aluminium shares skid on US concessions to United Company Rusal
- Manipal-TPG combine submits revised offer for Fortis Healthcare
- Mamata Banerjee slams Congress for moving CJI impeachment motion
- Airtel shares rise 5% on March quarter results
New Delhi: Micromax and Panasonic have partnered with telecom services firm Reliance Jio to provide free voice and data services for 90 days to smartphone buyers.
Reliance Jio, which is expected to roll out commercial services in the coming months, has similar offers running in partnerships with Samsung and LG.
“Under the terms of the Jio Preview Offer, consumers who purchase Micromax 4G smart devices will get Reliance Jio 4G SIM to get complementary access to unlimited HD Voice, Video calling, unlimited SMS, unlimited High-Speed Data services, and access to Jio Apps,” Micromax chief marketing officer Shubhajit Sen said.
Micromax’s subsidiary YU also said buyers of any YU smartphone will get free voice and data services in the trial period with immediate effect.
Panasonic India has also announced a similar partnership with Reliance Jio to offer free voice and data services during the trial period.
“All our 4G/LTE devices launched in 2016 are VoLTE enabled. We feel that with Jio Preview Offer customers can experience different 4G services which are unique and driven by LTE technology,” Panasonic India business head mobility division Pankaj Rana said.