Eveready Industries to launch confectioneries
Kolkata: Eveready Industries India Ltd on Monday announced that it will launch confectioneries, leveraging its distribution network for household batteries.
Eveready’s confectionery line is to be called Jollies, and will be launched in April-May. “This is our first move to scale up our consumer goods portfolio,” said Amritanshu Khaitan, managing director, Eveready Industries India Ltd.
Eveready has around 4,000 distributors and its products are sold through some one million outlets across the country.
Capping almost a year of deliberations, the company decided to launch fruit-based confectioneries priced at Re1 each. Despite the small price, margins are attractive at upwards of 40%, Khaitan said, adding that the category, now estimated at Rs400 crore a year, is fast expanding at 20-25% a year.
- Railways to extend ‘Give it up’ scheme for senior citizens to all categories availing fare concession
- Union cabinet approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018
- Cash crunch: Rs2000, 500 notes make up 97% of cash seized in Karnataka before assembly polls
- Union cabinet approves ordinance for death penalty to child rapists
- Yashwant Sinha quits BJP, says he’s taking ‘sanyas’ from party politics