Delhi HC restrains Flipkart from selling counterfeit goods of Cosco India
Delhi high court passes order restraining Flipkart from providing its e-commerce platform to sellers who allegedly sold counterfeit goods of sports equipment maker Cosco India on its website
New Delhi: The Delhi high court on Wednesday passed an order restraining Flipkart from providing its e-commerce platform to sellers who allegedly sold counterfeit goods of sports equipment maker Cosco India Ltd on its website.
Flipkart was directed to take down the counterfeit products of Cosco India from its website within 48 hours.
A Flipkart executive said the company hadn’t yet seen a copy of the order and declined to comment.
The court was hearing a plea filed by Cosco India against Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd for providing a platform to “unauthorized” sellers to vend counterfeit sports goods and accessories under the trademark ‘Cosco’.
Cosco India submitted before justice Valmiki J. Mehta that it was the owner of trademark ‘Cosco’.
The sale of fake goods under the trademark ‘Cosco’ by sellers on Flipkart, which were neither procured from Cosco India nor any other authorized retailer of Cosco, resulted in a loss of crores to Cosco India, the company said.
The issue with respect to damages and policing of goods on the e-commerce website would be heard by the court in subsequent hearings.
- StanChart sells PE portfolio for $1 billion to Intermediate’s arm
- Bank of Baroda to shut three overseas branches by June
- Lambretta to showcase e-scooter at next Delhi auto show
- Demonetisation: Data on printing of Rs 2000, Rs 500 notes should be disclosed, says CIC
- Transfer of excess reserve may pull down credit rating of RBI: Raghuram Rajan
Editor's Picks »
- Does Reliance Jio see need to deleverage?
- 4 years since Senvion sale, turnaround continues to elude Suzlon
- Falling fuel prices, new axle norms to help cement makers save freight cost
- Tailwinds of debt reduction and annuity sales drive DLF’s shares
- Expecting a quick recovery in rural consumption will be foolhardy