BSES Rajdhani receives $1 million from USTDA for energy conservation project
USTDA clears $1 million grant to BSES Rajdhani for developing and deploying India’s first behavioural energy efficiency programme
New Delhi: The US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) has cleared $1 million grant to power discom BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BRPL) for developing and deploying India’s first behavioural energy efficiency programme, said a spokesperson of the company.
The grant will enable BRPL to undertake a pilot project including its two lakh customers in south and west Delhi about verifiable energy savings, improved energy efficiency, and lower peak-hour consumption through home energy reports (HER), he said.
The discom will work with Oracle to carry out the project, he said. Starting from 1 April this year, the pilot project will go on for 18 months till 31 December 2019. Once rolled out, the programme will have the potential to save up to 1-2% peak power demand of BRPL, he said.
BRPL is a joint venture between Reliance Infrastructure Ltd and the Delhi government. Along with its sister company BSES Yamuna Power Ltd (BYPL), it supplies electricity to over two-thirds of population of the national capital.
Editor's Picks »
- Shivpal Yadav announces new party
- Netflix backs Sacred Games season 2 after probe
- Most things we see in a smartphone have reached saturation level: Pankaj Rana
- One size doesn’t fit all: Brand leaders on finding the right audience and connecting with them
- Karnataka bypolls to affect upcoming state elections, 2019 polls: Kumaraswamy
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end