BSES Rajdhani receives $1 million from USTDA for energy conservation project
USTDA clears $1 million grant to BSES Rajdhani for developing and deploying India’s first behavioural energy efficiency programme
New Delhi: The US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) has cleared $1 million grant to power discom BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BRPL) for developing and deploying India’s first behavioural energy efficiency programme, said a spokesperson of the company.
The grant will enable BRPL to undertake a pilot project including its two lakh customers in south and west Delhi about verifiable energy savings, improved energy efficiency, and lower peak-hour consumption through home energy reports (HER), he said.
The discom will work with Oracle to carry out the project, he said. Starting from 1 April this year, the pilot project will go on for 18 months till 31 December 2019. Once rolled out, the programme will have the potential to save up to 1-2% peak power demand of BRPL, he said.
BRPL is a joint venture between Reliance Infrastructure Ltd and the Delhi government. Along with its sister company BSES Yamuna Power Ltd (BYPL), it supplies electricity to over two-thirds of population of the national capital.
Editor's Picks »
- Ultratech gets CCI nod to acquire Century cement business
- S&P hits record high, equals longest-ever bull run
- Opinion | Disruption and innovation in the legal industry
- Lesson from devastation in Kerala: Investing in new knowledge for the future
- Nokia maker HMD aims to double India revenues in four-six months
- MakeMyTrip’s attempts to juggle between growth and profitability
- Kerala’s SoS may not have major impact on asset quality of banks
- Subsidy sharing concerns loom for state-run upstream oil firms
- L&T is better off rewarding investors given the poor investment avenues
- Coal India’s share sale plans eclipse bright outlook for FY19