South Korea approves LG Display’s plan to build OLED factory in China
Seoul: South Korea’s trade ministry said on Tuesday that a committee had approved LG Display Co. Ltd’s plan to build a new organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panel production facility in China.
The approval comes five months after LG Display announced it would invest in large-size OLED production in Guangzhou, China, to respond to fast-growing demand for the screens in TVs in overseas markets.
The ministry said in a statement that the approval was conditional on LG Display boosting the use of local materials and equipment, subsequent investment in South Korea and strengthening processes such as security checks.
An LG Display spokeswoman did not have an immediate comment.
- Naspers to sell $10.6 billion of Tencent to fund investments
- RCom-Reliance Jio asset sale: Supreme Court asks parties to maintain status quo
- Asus Vivobook 15 X510UA Review: Sets new benchmark for sub Rs40,000 laptops
- YouTube follows Amazon into movie theatres
- Several Indian cities are on a quest to map sparrow populations before they disappear