Govt retains GPF interest rate at 7.8% for October-December
General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds will carry interest at the rate of 7.8% with effect from 1 October to 31 December, 2017
New Delhi: The government has retained the rate of interest for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes at 7.8% for the October-December quarter.
The rate is in line with that for Public Provident Fund (PPF). In July-September quarter too, the interest rate was 7.8%. “The Government of India has announced that during the Financial Year 2017-18, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.8 per cent with effect from October 1 to December 31, 2017. This would apply on Provident Funds of central government employees, railways and defence forces,” a government statement said.
Last month, the government had kept the interest rate on PPF unchanged at 7.8% for October-December, in line with the rates for small savings schemes.
Editor's Picks »
- Now, you can lace new Nike Adapt BB shoes with your smartphone
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ publisher files $25-million lawsuit against Netflix over ‘Bandersnatch’
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers