Govt retains GPF interest rate at 7.8% for October-December
New Delhi: The government has retained the rate of interest for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes at 7.8% for the October-December quarter.
The rate is in line with that for Public Provident Fund (PPF). In July-September quarter too, the interest rate was 7.8%. “The Government of India has announced that during the Financial Year 2017-18, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.8 per cent with effect from October 1 to December 31, 2017. This would apply on Provident Funds of central government employees, railways and defence forces,” a government statement said.
Last month, the government had kept the interest rate on PPF unchanged at 7.8% for October-December, in line with the rates for small savings schemes.
- Brent oil hits highest since late 2014 as supplies tighten amid strong demand
- Trump administration plans to end work permits for H-1B visa holders’ spouses
- Deals Buzz: Fresh hurdles for Numetal, ArcelorMittal in Essar Steel sale
- Proxy advisor questions legitimacy of Fortis Healthcare sale process; warns of class action suit
- USFDA finishes inspection at Alembic Pharma’s Panelav plant, shares rise on BSE