Extension of Aadhaar-mobile linkage deadline a relief: COAI
The deadline of 6 February 2018, for linking the biometric identifier with mobile connections also stands extended up to 31 March 2018
New Delhi: The extension of deadline for linking Aadhaar with mobile connections to 31 March 2018, provides an immediate relief to both telecom operators and consumers, industry lobby Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) said on Friday.
“We are pleased that the timeline has been extended. We were facing challenges in complying with the earlier deadline given the volume (of telecom subscribers),” COAI director general Rajan Mathews told PTI.
The extension will be “good news” also for consumers as it will provide them more time for compliance.
The Supreme Court on Friday extended the deadline for linking of Aadhaar with various schemes and welfare measures, up to 31 March next year.
The deadline of 6 February 2018, for linking the biometric identifier with mobile connections also stands extended up to 31 March 2018.
Mathews said the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) will be in constant touch with the telecom department on nuances of compliance with the 31 March deadline.
Editor's Picks »
- Not every film can become a ‘Mahanati’: Actor Keerthy Suresh
- India to launch retaliatory tariffs on US imports from 4 August
- Swiggy raises $210 million in fresh funding from new, existing investors
- Pivot from oil or prepare to suffer: Un environment official tells Opec
- A ghost army that haunts Gulf rulers
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one