Extension of Aadhaar-mobile linkage deadline a relief: COAI
New Delhi: The extension of deadline for linking Aadhaar with mobile connections to 31 March 2018, provides an immediate relief to both telecom operators and consumers, industry lobby Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) said on Friday.
“We are pleased that the timeline has been extended. We were facing challenges in complying with the earlier deadline given the volume (of telecom subscribers),” COAI director general Rajan Mathews told PTI.
The extension will be “good news” also for consumers as it will provide them more time for compliance.
The Supreme Court on Friday extended the deadline for linking of Aadhaar with various schemes and welfare measures, up to 31 March next year.
The deadline of 6 February 2018, for linking the biometric identifier with mobile connections also stands extended up to 31 March 2018.
Mathews said the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) will be in constant touch with the telecom department on nuances of compliance with the 31 March deadline.
- IMF estimates higher crude oil prices may not have any significant impact on India’s GDP
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; Bharti Infratel, Axis Bank, Biocon in news
- Indian scientists using artificial intelligence to predict early onset of Alzheimer’s
- People need to make preventive measure a habit if India is to become malaria-free by 2027: home insecticides makers
- Bollywood is in love with biopics. But will it last?