Extension of Aadhaar-mobile linkage deadline a relief: COAI
The deadline of 6 February 2018, for linking the biometric identifier with mobile connections also stands extended up to 31 March 2018
New Delhi: The extension of deadline for linking Aadhaar with mobile connections to 31 March 2018, provides an immediate relief to both telecom operators and consumers, industry lobby Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) said on Friday.
“We are pleased that the timeline has been extended. We were facing challenges in complying with the earlier deadline given the volume (of telecom subscribers),” COAI director general Rajan Mathews told PTI.
The extension will be “good news” also for consumers as it will provide them more time for compliance.
The Supreme Court on Friday extended the deadline for linking of Aadhaar with various schemes and welfare measures, up to 31 March next year.
The deadline of 6 February 2018, for linking the biometric identifier with mobile connections also stands extended up to 31 March 2018.
Mathews said the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) will be in constant touch with the telecom department on nuances of compliance with the 31 March deadline.
- RBI governor Shaktikanta Das: Once bitten, second time lucky
- Detention of Nissan’s Carlos Ghosn extended through 20 December
- India to add 10GW of renewable power in FY20: ICRA
- Flipkart to invest in furniture, groceries; claims to be a market leader in e-commerce
- Shaktikanta Das appointed new RBI governor
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices