AIIB approves $1.5 billion of loans to India for infrastructure projects
China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approves $1.5 billion in loans to India for infrastructure-related projects in 2018, says a senior AIIB official
New Delhi: China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved $1.5 billion in loans to India for infrastructure-related projects in 2018, a senior official of the AIIB said on Tuesday.
The funds would be used for investment in India’s energy, roads and urban development projects, and the bank will examine allotting more funds for such projects next year, D.J. Pandian, the AIIB’s chief investment officer said.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s top 10 media companies come together to form Digital News Publishers Association
- Leena AI secures $2 million seed funding from Snapdeal co-founders, Elad Gil
- Sebi revises FPI KYC rules in relief for foreign investors
- Somen Mitra appointed Congress chief in Bengal
- Oyo plans to hire 2,020 technology experts in next two years
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude