AIIB approves $1.5 billion of loans to India for infrastructure projects
China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approves $1.5 billion in loans to India for infrastructure-related projects in 2018, says a senior AIIB official
New Delhi: China-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved $1.5 billion in loans to India for infrastructure-related projects in 2018, a senior official of the AIIB said on Tuesday.
The funds would be used for investment in India’s energy, roads and urban development projects, and the bank will examine allotting more funds for such projects next year, D.J. Pandian, the AIIB’s chief investment officer said.
- Oil prices rise on US stocks, Libya ahead of Opec meeting
- Are PET bottles safe for medicines? Yes, says a government study
- India seeks ‘responsible’ Opec decision as Vienna tensions mount
- India wins in cotton market as US-China trade dispute escalates
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders