Infosys to build software development centre in West Bengal for ₹100 crore
Infosys says the first phase of construction on the 525,000-square feet facility will be able to accommodate 1,000 employees
Indian information technology company Infosys Ltd said on Monday it would open a software development centre in the West Bengal, with an investment of about ₹100 crore ($14.28 million).
The first phase of construction on the 525,000-square feet facility will be able to accommodate 1,000 employees, the country’s second-biggest software services exporter said.
The first phase is expected to be completed within 15 months from the date of obtaining regulatory clearances, the company said.
Shares of Infosys Ltd gained 1.75% to close at ₹1,409.45 on BSE on Monday.
Editor's Picks »
- Cabinet approves ₹6,000 crore capital infusion in Exim Bank
- Apax Funds invests $200 million in Fractal Analytics
- Govt panel likely to meet on Jan 24 to appoint new CBI Director: Sources
- Cabinet panel approves trebling of Numaligarh refinery capacity at Rs 22,594 crore
- Trai ticks off Tata Sky for lack of customer support on new regulations
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers