Private equity investments in IT and ITeS sector
Information and technology (IT) and IT-enabled services (ITeS) sector saw private equity (PE) investments of around $2.7 billion across 78 deals
According to the MoneyTree India Report for Q2 2017 by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the information and technology (IT) and IT-enabled services (ITeS) sector saw private equity (PE) investments of around $2.7 billion across 78 deals. While this represented a decrease in investment value compared to the last quarter (around $3.4 billion over 78 deals), there was a 93% increase in deal value compared to the year-ago period.
National capital region (NCR) outshone the other cities in Q2 investments. Its IT and ITeS sector attracted investments worth $1.5 billion.
Among the sub-sectors, mobile value-added services led investments, attracting around $1.5 billion. Business process outsourcing services were second. Online services, which held the top spot in the last quarter, came in at number three in Q2.
Q2 saw a 34% decrease from the previous quarter in exit value in the IT and ITeS sector, with 14 exits worth about $718 million. But it was a 634% jump in comparison to the year-ago period, which saw 14 exits worth $98 million.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating