India pitches for sovereign rating upgrade to Fitch: finance ministry official
The Indian government reiterates its pitch for a sovereign rating upgrade to Fitch Ratings, citing strong macro economic fundamentals, says a finance ministry official
New Delhi: The Indian government reiterated its pitch for a sovereign rating upgrade to Fitch Ratings, citing strong macro economic fundamentals, said a finance ministry official after a meeting with the global rating agency on Wednesday.
Fitch has a BBB-, the lowest investment grade sovereign rating on India, with a stable outlook.
- PNB fraud: CBI court grants bail to ex-MD Usha Ananthasubramanian
- RBI staff to go on mass leave on 4 and 5 September over pension issues
- Govt, courts had a role to play in NPA crisis, says SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar
- Emerging markets turmoil revives a dreaded old Opec ghost
- ARCs seek tweaks in inter-creditor agreement to protect their interests
Editor's Picks »
- Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at Asian Games
- US firms warn next China tariffs to cost Americans from cradle to grave
- Food, drugs reaching flood-affected Kerala, says government
- Gold investors ‘give up hope’ as biggest short in history builds
- Tesla shares slide 6% on doubts Elon Musk has the money to go private