RBI launches mobile app version of its website
The RBI app will provide information on IFSC/MICR codes and current policy rates, among other things
- EU finance ministers strike deal on overhaul of banking capital rules
- Big oil consumers start to lock-in prices as Brent urges to $80
- PSU bank recapitalisation plan stumbles as losses mount
- Govt orders out-of-turn coal supply to PSUs, private plants to be hit
- Oil prices fall as Russia floats gradual production increase
Mumbai:The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday launched a mobile app version of the RBI website. The application will be available on both Android and iOS platforms, it said in a statement.
“Press releases, Indian financial system codes (IFSC)/magnetic ink character notification (MICR) codes, bank holidays and current rates including policy rates and reference rate of four major currencies have been made available on the application,” RBI said.
Also on the top of the landing page of the application, public awareness messages on the newly designed currency notes of Rs2,000, Rs500 and know your customer (KYC) norms are displayed.
The central bank has also offered an option for users to send their suggestions and feedback through email.
Editor's Picks »
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina asks India for support on Rohingyas
- Donald Trump says US North Korea summit ‘could’ happen on 12 June
- Facebook is designing its own chips to help filter live videos
- Sterlite protests: Thoothukudi limping back to normalcy but anguish, pain remain
- CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra gets one-year extension
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars