IRCTC launches new App for faster booking of train tickets
Railways launch a new ticketing App, IRCTC Rail Connect, to facilitate booking of train tickets in a faster and easier way
- EU finance ministers strike deal on overhaul of banking capital rules
- Big oil consumers start to lock-in prices as Brent urges to $80
- PSU bank recapitalisation plan stumbles as losses mount
- Govt orders out-of-turn coal supply to PSUs, private plants to be hit
- Oil prices fall as Russia floats gradual production increase
New Delhi: Railways on Tuesday launched a new ticketing App, IRCTC Rail Connect, to facilitate booking of train tickets in a faster and easier way.
Equipped with latest technology, the new App also makes possible booking of tatkal ticket, ladies quota, premium tatkal quota booking and current reservation.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Limited, which handles online train ticket bookings, has synchronised the new App, IRCTC Rail Connect, with its website.
Travellers will be able to search and book train tickets, check their existing reservations or cancel them, and get upcoming journey alerts in the new application, the Irctc release said.
The App is based on a next generation e-ticketing system.
Editor's Picks »
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina asks India for support on Rohingyas
- Donald Trump says US North Korea summit ‘could’ happen on 12 June
- Facebook is designing its own chips to help filter live videos
- Sterlite protests: Thoothukudi limping back to normalcy but anguish, pain remain
- CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra gets one-year extension
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars