India turns to local coal for planned 4,000 MW power project in Tamil Nadu
- First shipment of oil from UAE reaches reserve in Mangaluru
- Fino Payments Bank to focus on expansion, aims customer base of 3 million by March 2019
- PNB scam: Ex-MD of bank was aware of fraud, says CBI
- Industry seeks cut in petrol, diesel excise duty as oil prices zoom
- Oil prices gain near $72 as US, China reach trade truce
New Delhi: India will use domestic coal for its proposed 4,000 megawatt power project in Tamil Nadu, instead of importing it, coal minister Piyush Goyal said on Wednesday, as the south Asian nation seeks to cut its overseas purchases.
He said the state power minister has agreed for use of domestic coal for the project. Reuters