Ten foreign actors who appeared in Bollywood movies
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university
New Delhi: Last Friday’s release, Ajay Devgn’s action thriller Shivaay that made Rs.10.24 crore on its opening day features him opposite Polish actor Erika Kaar who makes her Bollywood debut with the film. Since Indian cinema has never shied from embracing foreign talent, here’s a look at ten foreign actors who appeared in Hindi movies.
1. Rachel Shelley (Lagaan):The English actor and model starred opposite Aamir Khan in the Ashutosh Gowariker directed period drama that made Rs.34 crore in box office collections at the time of release and emerged as the third Indian movie to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
2. Toby Stephens (Mangal Pandey:The Rising): The English film, stage and television actor played a significant role alongside Aamir Khan in Ketan Mehta’s period drama on the freedom fighter. The film earned Rs.27 crore in box office collections.
3. Antonia Bernath (Kisna-The Warrior Poet): The English actor and singer featured opposite Vivek Oberoi in director Subhash Ghai’s period love story. The film made Rs.8 crore at the box office.
4. Alice Patten (Rang De Basanti): The British actor played a documentary filmmaker shooting a movie on Indian freedom fighters based on diary entries by her grandfather, an officer of the Indian Imperial Police. The Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra film earned Rs.53 crore at the box office.
5. Gordon Liu (Chandni Chowk to China): The Hong Kong action star played the main antagonist in the Akshay Kumar-starrer. The action comedy made Rs.29 crore at the box office.
6. Sylvester Stallone (Kambakkht Ishq): The American superstar played himself in the Akshay Kumar comedy that also featured Kareena Kapoor Khan. The film made Rs.47 crore at the box office.
7. Kylie Minogue (Blue) : The Australian singer and actor appeared in a musical number in the Akshay Kumar action adventure film directed by Anthony D’Souza. The film managed Rs.38 crore at the box office.
8. Barbara Mori (Kites): The Spanish actor and producer was seen in the Hrithik Roshan love story directed by Anurag Basu. The film had netted Rs.47 crore at the box office.
9. Sarah Thompson (Rajneeti): The American actor played Ranbir Kapoor’s love interest in the Prakash Jha directed political drama. The film that also starred Ajay Devgn, Katrina Kaif and Arjun Rampal made Rs.93 crore at the box office.
10.Mehdi Nebbou (English Vinglish): The French film actor played a chef struggling with the English language in director Gauri Shinde’s Sridevi-starrer. The critically acclaimed movie made Rs.34 crore at the box office.
All figures have been sourced from movie websites Bollywood Hungama and Box Office India