Take a break
We all know that poor posture and sitting for long hours is bad for health. So spare five minutes each day and do these exercises at your workstation
Stand tall, feet hip width apart. Now drag one leg back and go down to the floor where both knees are bent at 90 degrees. Come back up and switch legs. Repeat 10 times.
This is a progression from the regular squats. You can use anything to add weights, from a water bottle to a small carton. Just hold the weight and squat. Repeat 10 times.
It’s a regular squat with arms pointing upwards to the sky. To make it a little challenging you can add some weights. Repeat 10 times.
Go down on the floor. Come to the plank position and then push your hips up. Keep the elbows locked and knees straight. Hold for 20 seconds and rest for 10. Repeat thrice.
Cat & camel
Get down on the floor with your hands and knees. Now, drop your head down and move the spine up like a camel. Then drop your spine down and lift the chin up like a cat. Repeat these movements 10 times.
Get down on the floor with your hands and knees, and head in line with the spine. Bring your right knee and left elbow close to the chest and return to the first position. Repeat 10 times on each side.
Hold on to a chair with one arm and swing your leg front and back as high as you can. Do 10 repetitions on each leg.
Lie on one side. Then raise yourself on your elbow, keeping the head to toe in one straight line. Hold for 20 seconds and then rest for 10. Repeat four times.
Come to the L-hold position on the chair and move from one side to the other, working hard on the obliques. Repeat 10 times.
Get off your chair, hold something of equal weight, like a water bottle, in your hands and walk around. Walk for a 30 seconds and rest for 10. Do five rounds.
By Shwetambari Shetty, co-founder of The Tribe Fitness Club
Editor's Picks »
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina asks India for support on Rohingyas
- Donald Trump says US North Korea summit ‘could’ happen on 12 June
- Facebook is designing its own chips to help filter live videos
- Sterlite protests: Thoothukudi limping back to normalcy but anguish, pain remain
- CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra gets one-year extension
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars