WhatsApp continues to add new features that you will love
WhatsApp is the most preferred messenger app for many for the bevy of new features it keeps coming up with to improve user experience
WhatsApp is the most popular mobile messenger with 1.3 billion monthly active users, as per research firm Statista’s latest report. What makes it stand out in an already over-crowded mobile messaging ecosystem is the knack for striking a note with its users. It keeps coming with new features almost every month to keep users happy. Here are some of the recent features which make it all the more irresistible. However, to access many of them, you need to be signed up for the beta version of the app on both Android and iOS.
More control over storage
WhatsApp has added a new page in the storage section to provide users a sneak peek into the exact amount of internal memory an ongoing chat with a friend or a group is occupying on the smartphone. This would help users identify groups and chats which are using up vital real state on the smartphone. To access it go to Settings->Data and Storage usage-> Storage usage and you can see the contacts and groups with highest footprint. By tapping on the contact you can see a break up of the space taken up by images, videos, GIFs and docs and delete them manually.
WhatsApp’s MyStatus is one of the most loved features of the mobile messenger. It allows users to express their thoughts with images, GIFs and videos. Now they have added an option for text status with a colourful background. The feature allows users to choose the colour of the background and the type of font they want to use to make it look funky. To access it, go to Status page and tap the pencil icon which appears right above the camera icon.
Popular booking platform BookMyShow has tied up with WhatsApp to deliver confirmation messages or an M-ticket (mobile ticket) with QR Code directly into the WhatsApp account of users who book a movie or any other ticket on BookMyShow app. Earlier the message was sent to users via email. This feature is part of WhatsApp’s new Business initiative which strives to help people connect with businesses faster.
Share bigger files
WhatsApp wants users to share anything they want on the messenger app. It allows users to share any type of files, documents and even apk files on the platform. It has also increased the size of the file one can share on it to 100MB. Earlier, users could only share files of up to 16MB at a time.
- OnePlus 6 review: OnePlus’ finest is still punching above its weight
- Smartron tband review: This fitness band also has a blood pressure monitor
- Google’s music and video streaming options are very confusing
- Google’s Duplex AI robot will warn that calls are recorded
- Oppo Realme 1 review: Another budget smartphone you can’t ignore
Editor's Picks »
- Yogi Adityanath leads BJP offensive against Shiv Sena in Palghar
- The one-child policy had limited impact on growth
- RBSE 12 result 2018: Science, Commerce results declared at rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- You are not imagining it. Your job is absolutely BS
- Demand for space-saving furniture seen picking up
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating