First Look: Dell New Alienware 17
Setting the benchmark, again?
Perhaps the most recognizable gaming PC brand, the Alienware laptop line-up is set to get a refresh, with the new Alienware 17 (Rs2,07,990) heading to India this week. It will run the Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor, paired with 16 GB RAM. The combination of the 512 GB SSD and a 1 TB hard drive will ensure super-fast boot-up and game-load times. The 17.3-inch display is a generous canvas. There has been debate about whether a gaming laptop needs a 4K screen or not—Alienware’s Full HD resolution is more than enough for optimal graphics. Games will be driven by a top of the line Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 memory) chip, which also makes this ready for virtual reality content. Expect better cooling too.
Editor's Picks »
- BlackBerry Key2 with DTEK, physical keyboard launched in India; price, specifications
- Groundwater in Sterlite plant area contaminated beyond permissible limits: Govt
- Ace Turtle to foray into online FMCG, electronics retail
- Lok Sabha passes Negotiable Instruments Act amendment to cut litigation over bounced cheques
- Govt to park shares of PSUs in investment fund to meet public float rule
- Bajaj Auto’s dismal Q1 results builds a case for FY2019 earnings cut
- GST on paints cut, but companies may not pass on full benefit immediately
- June quarter results signal Havells India is off to a bright start this fiscal
- Business gains, not just cost efficiencies, to determine UPL’s Arysta acquisition success
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth