Take a break: Exercise in office
We all know that poor posture and sitting for long hours is bad for health. So spare five minutes each day and do these exercises at your workstation
Stand and cross your hands in front. Inhale, cross your arms above the head and bend head to look at hands. Return to the start and repeat five times.
Stand with feet together. Inhale and take both arms up above your head and bend backwards. Hold this position for five counts. Exhale and bring your hands down. Repeat five times.
Stand with your hands at the level of the shoulder with palm facing outward. Inhale and take your hands at the back while bending backward. Hold for five breaths.
Stand erect with your palms by your shoulders. Inhale and exhale forcefully while clenching and releasing your hands each time. Repeat for 20 breaths.
Take right hand over the right shoulder blade and left arm behind the back. Now try to clasp fingers of both the hands behind the back. Repeat 5 times on each side.
Inhale and blow cheeks out. Lock chin on the chest and hold your breath. Move your shoulders up and down. Repeat 10 times.
Upper arms strength
Sit with elbow bent at 90 degrees. Cycle your arms vigorously forward and backward at shoulder level. Repeat 10 times.
Upper arm stretch
Inhale and raise both arms sideways above the head with palm facing outward. Exhale and bring it back. Repeat 10 times.
Make fists with hands and bring them closer to the shoulder with a jerk while holding upper arm stiff. Then bring them down to original position.Repeat 10 times.
Stand erect and bring your arms to shoulder level. Rotate arms without bending elbows. Repeat 10 times clockwise and anti-clockwise.
Hitanshi Kothari Khabya and Gourav Khabya, co-founders HithYoga
Editor's Picks »
- ‘The biggest challenge being an SFB is listing out what the challenges are’
- Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif face-off as Pakistan goes to polls this week
- Khazanah in early talks to invest in Pepe’s India arm
- Rajnath visits Assam days before release of second draft of NRC
- The Karnataka village that hit the headlines for the wrong reasons
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself