FloatFit: The latest water workout
FloatFit uses basic yoga and pilate movements while standing on an inflatable base, much like a yoga mat, that floats on water (AquaBase)
The latest water workout to make a splash on Indian shores is FloatFit, introduced by swimwear brand Speedo and fitness company AquaPhysical. It uses basic yoga and Pilates movements, but is done standing on an inflatable base, much like a yoga mat, that floats on water (AquaBase). This low-impact, high-intensity, 30-minute exercise promises a full-body workout while placing less stress on the joints than exercises on the ground would.
“It focuses on core strengthening as you work overtime to maintain your balance as you float,” says Leila Francis Coleman, creator, FloatFit.
The promoters claim FloatFit is suitable for people of all ages, shapes and sizes, but do consult your doctor before signing up for any new exercise regimen. These workouts will be introduced in Bengaluru and Mumbai in April.
For more information, visit www.aquaphysical.com
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed