Get rid of that hangover
The reason you get a headache is because you’re dehydrated
When you are suffering from a hangover, you might head for the old fixes, like a fizzy energy drink and full English breakfast with bacon and eggs. But there are healthier ways to combat a hangover, says Vishakha Shivdasani, a doctor who specializes in nutrition and lifestyle diseases.
The reason you get a headache is because you’re dehydrated. Shivdasani explains that when your body is dehydrated, it starts taking water from the brain, and that’s what gives you a headache. “Opt for coconut water or water with rock salt because these have electrolytes,” she says.
Eat a banana
“This fruit is extremely alkaline and high in magnesium and potassium.” Shivdasani says it also provides fructose that peps you up. For the first meal during a hangover, she recommends any carbohydrate (whether it’s bread, roti or rice) with some protein.
Line your stomach
If you have a low threshold, take a swig of antacid before heading out. “This lines the stomach, prevents the absorption of alcohol and also contains some magnesium and electrolytes for water balance,” she says.
- When an employer asks you to do a job audition
- Opinion | At the workplace, it is good to be a version of yourself that is authentic but not offensive
- To support your passion, rely on your family
- Heave a sigh of relief HR, Amber’s here to help
- Opinion | We need to create a pool of trained staff who can administer mental health first aid at work
Editor's Picks »
- PNB, Indian Bank to offload entire stakes in credit info firm Experian
- After Supreme Court verdict on Aadhaar: What needs to be linked, what does not
- Fate of 2.37 crore railway job seekers uncertain, TCS appointment challenged in court
- SBI has not received any proposal from IL&FS for fresh funds: Rajnish Kumar
- Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Rich List for 7th year
- Will it rain on the FMCG parade?
- Why domestic cotton prices are likely to rule firm this season
- India’s dark corporate debt market now loses the flicker of liquidity too
- Jio’s market share zooms after it raises stakes with higher capex
- Tata Steel is not willing to give even an inch on the acquisitions front